The idea of a giving circle is as old as civilization. It’s based on the simple truth that people doing something small but doing it together is more powerful than going it alone. There are over 800 giving circles across the country donating more than $100 million every year.
At my Giving Circles Help Blog, I interview leaders of giving circles from around the country, and I’m amazed by their accomplishments. Below you’ll find just a few of these phenomenal giving circles and what they’ve accomplished.
Remember, that these giving circles are accomplishing this because of people like you! People who walk the talk, who put their money where their heart is. The more people who join, the bigger the impact we can make, and I invite you to be a part of it!
The Giving Circle Showcase
- Impact Austin: There are 500 members donating $1,000 per year. In 9 years, they’ve donated more than $3 million to charities in their community.
- Baltimore Women’s Giving Circle: Their 375 members donate $1,100 per year. Founded in 2001, they’ve donated $2.7 million.
- Giving Circle of Hope: Members contribute $365/year for a total of $375,000 in donations since 2004.
- Rochester Women’s Giving Circle: Founded in 2008, they grew from 5 members to 80 members. Each member contributes $1,040 dollars– which has added up to over $250,000 for charities in their communities.
- Anne Arundel Women Giving Together: Members contribute $500 a year and in 6 years, they have donated more than $400,000.
- Giving Circle of Alexandria: Members must contribute at least $150, but can contribute as much as they’d like. Together they’ve donated over $350,000 to their community over the past 6 years.
- Moscow Women’s Giving Circle: In 4 years with members contributing just $1/day, they’ve donated over $40,000.
Make easy, affordable, and powerful donations through a virtual giving circle. There’s no fee. It’s just great people doing something about what we care about. Be a part of it!