Does your New Year’s resolution list include items like “Donate to Charity” or “Give Back More”? If so, you’re like me! In the past, meeting that goal involved a lot of effort and guilt. Any of these sound familiar to you?
- I want to donate to charity, but which charity?
- How do I know if this organization is a good organization to do donate to?
- Are their overhead expenses low?
- Are they providing a solution that matters?
- I don’t want my donation to be wasted, embezzled, or to hurt people.
- It’s just easier not to donate.
- Or you know what? I always donate to Heifer. I can just send them money again this year.
- My friend just asked me to make a donation- should I do it?
- Have I given back enough this year?
- How much have I donated? Have I gotten all the way to November and only gave $50?
One Easy Way
Join a giving circle! Now that I’m part of a giving circle, I don’t worry about those issues anymore.
Peace of mind
I know that I’m donating $25/month. I’m giving back in an amount that I’m both comfortable with and that’s going to make an impact. When I get requests for other donations, I feel good saying, “No, I donate through my giving circle.”
Easy and Smart
The organizations we donate to have been researched, so I feel good about where my money is going. But I didn’t have to do all that hard work. I shared that responsibility with a bunch of other people, so it was easy!
Join a Giving Circle
It’s an easy way to mark of this New Year’s Resolution and feel good about how you’re giving back.