Emergency Relief Funds are donation dollars reserved for man-made or natural disasters. Available dollars in the Emergency Relief can be requested at any time in any amount by an Active Member.
- An Active Member may nominate one charity.
- An Active Member may request Emergency Relief funds no more than once every six months.
- An Active Member nominates a charity by completing the Emergency Relief Funds Request worksheet and submitting it to the Donations Committee.
The Donation Committee reviews the nominations in order to:
- Determine if the organization meets the mission of the Gang and/or addresses the needs resulting from the man-made or natural disaster.
- Determine that the nomination worksheet is submitted by an Active Member who has submitted only one nomination for Emergency Relief Funds in the last six months, and
- Determine if the application meets the award criteria as described in Section 8.02, 8.03, 8.04, and 8.05 of the Change Gang’s Constitution.
- Determine accuracy of the Emergency Relief Fund Request worksheet and the legitimacy of the charity.
The Donation Committee shall research grant applicants by any or all of the following means:
- Phone communication with the organization
- Visits or meetings with organizations as needed,
- Requests for supplementary materials or documents, or
- Communications with Change Gangs, LLC.
The Donation Committee must follow these guidelines
- Complete the Emergency Relief Review as quickly as possible and requests vote from members as quickly as possible.
- Nominations cannot be reviewed by the same member who nominated the charity.
- The reviewer completes the most current Emergency Relief Review Form and returns to to the VP of Donations.
- If the Emergency Relief Review discovers any areas of concern, the nominating member is notified and can choose to withdraw the nomination, address the concerns, or submit with concerns unaddressed. If nomination remains, issues and concerns will be disclosed to the membership.
- The Emergency Relief Funds Request and the completed Review are emailed to the members in their entirety to the entire membership and posted on the gang’s website.
- All Active Members, including the nominating member, can vote to approve the Emergency Fund Request or to decline the Request.
- The Request must be voted on by at least 50% of the Active Members in order to be considered a valid vote and of those votes received, a simple majority will determine if the request is approved or not.
- Because these funds are used for emergency situations, we will follow an expedited voting timeline in order to get the money to where it’s needed as soon as possible. Once the request is submitted to members, voting will close in 48 hours.
- If approved, funds will be disbursed within 24 hours after the close of voting.