Cami Walker was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at 33. Three years later, angry, sleepless, and in pain, she embarked on a mission: Give Away 29 Gifts in 29 days. Her first gift? A simple supportive phone call to another friend living with MS.
At the end of those 29 days she discovered
- the she felt happier, healthier, and more in awe with the everyday.
- she smiled and laughed more.
- she got stronger and was able to stop walking with a cane by Day 14.
- her business exploded with new, unexpected opportunities, and she was able to go back to work part-time again after months of being too sick to work.
- she connected with a community of new friends after feeling isolated and alone for several months.
- and she began writing stories regularly, which led to her first New York Times Bestselling book: 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life
What is your burden?
Your burden may be physical, mental, emotional, financial, familial. We all have burdens. Cami Walker found that giving made the burden of MS easier to bear. She could have MS and still have a great life.
Catch up with Cami Walker at her website.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- Why Give Answer 137: Give, because you’ll help people like themselves - May 19, 2013
- Why Give Answer 136: Give, because you dare - May 18, 2013
- Why Give Answer 135: Give, because you see it better than it is - May 17, 2013